Death By Chocolate... Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas (14oz), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (MaraNatha Organic Creamy)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted plus more to taste (Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks)
- 1/4 cup honey OR agave (Madhava Light Agave Nectar)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Notes: Just in case you give a flying fig, I added the product name which I used behind the ingredient where applicable.
Be prepared for some altering after tasting - adding more chocolate chips and agave to adjust chocolate levels and sweetness to your personal tastes.
This is absolutely a recipe you will want to taste and adjust accordingly. This was the final appetizer I made for the art reception and again - kids and adults, omnis and veggies, all seemed to gather under a rainbow of kitten tears and hold hands over this dish. Maybe it wasn't quite that dramatic - but it was a cross-over food which I view as a success!