Sunday, June 3, 2012

Vegan On The Road: TC: Seward Cafe


Where: Seward Cafe
http://www.sewardcafe.com/

What I Ordered: Biscuits & Gravy (above top) - "housemade vegan biscuit topped with vegan cashew-mushroom gravy, tomatoes and scallions"; Hashbrowns; Vegan GMO-Free "sausage" patties (above bottom).


Notes: This was my personal favorite breakfast meal which I devoured like a Duran Duran wolf lady. I seriously licked up that mushroom gravy - I was lucky to get this photo without biting my own hand off. Another recipe I wanted to steal - the "sausage" patties had me all atwitter in the taste buds.

The atmosphere is ultra hippie-granola, look past that if it bothers you, as the food is worth it. There was a really nice outdoor patio space we wanted to sit at but it was too rainy and cold. The name announcing system sounded like an old Speak-And-Spell so I'd give a very distinct multi word name so you don't miss the call to kibble. 

Warning: The unisex bathrooms were covered in graffiti that read like a Jane Seymour for Jared commercial script, and they smelled like an unwashed hot yoga mat topped off with soaking bean farts.

No comments:

Post a Comment